Thursday, December 31, 2009

Spicy Thai feast 'chorb ar-han phet' =D

My family came over to KL for holiday, and food is always part of the holiday content..We've been thinking bout trying something spicy n hot!

So we went for Thai cuisine at this resto called Kum Thai, best fit for all. I would say that the location is highly secluded, hahaha! Located somewhere around Jalan Gasing (i cant find the address!!)
And you wont be thinking of accidentally spotted that place if  you got lost somewhere in the middle of KL lolx!!

I heard bout this place from various word-of-mouth, and they are serving authentic Thai cuisine...i'm saying this should be much better than commercialized Thai food here.

Before that, apologize for the poor photo snapping skills! Everything moved in fast-paced, before I had a chance to take any photo, everyone started whackin'...I dun even have time standby for a perfect angle xD 


This is for appetizer, spinach leaves wrapped in various small toppings, Miang Kum. To eat it, you will have to wrap it in a cone shape and put all the ingredients inside, and finally top it with its sweet sauce...It tasted funny at 1st, but you'll find it yummy in the end, lolx...!  its sumthin i suggest people should try




Going for the main event, starts with Mango Shreds with Anchovies...Its appetizing for a dish, but I wouldnt say its much of a surprise for a hungry belly, its normal lolx!



Steamed fish in spicy chilli spices and lemon =D . And I'm saying I do have a very bad camera angle....I couldn't even snap a shot with the fish head lolx!! Steamed fish was fresh, but credit goes to the spicy sauces mixed with chilli...=D



Seafood Tomyum, an essential Thai food cravings~ I would say if you're not really into spicy stuff, you give this a good try...! Unlike what we taste from a Tomyum dish, this one is not as spicy...! Lotsa prawns and squids all together...worthy for a quality meal. In contrast, for spicy food lover, this one wouldn't burn ur stomach as much lolx!
However, I personally love this one hehe!



And here's Thai's Seafood Otak-otak....I have a very particular and fussy judgement on otak-otak, my family had a history of otak-otak business many decades back, lolx! But I can say, despite my judgement, this one was not nice at all for real, too much of coconut milk mixed in it (what Malay calls santan) And it covered the authentic aroma of spices that a normal otak-otak should be having




Green Curry with Beans and Chickens! :D this one will always be a favourite dish topped with a bowl of rice hahaha! Typical asian favourites! I'd always compare this with the green curry served in Absolute Thai outlets. But this one was so much nicer, very creamy and not too watery...yumm yumm


************

Overall, I would say if you wanna go for an authentic Thai food, you should just hit on this one =D.
And for those who dun really eat spicy food, this one wouldn challenge your stomach that much hahaha!



No comments: