Friday, December 25, 2009

那天是冬至

23rd of December 2009, dated today is the Chinese's 冬至. And upon the date traditionally people will eat a type of sweet dessert soup filled with glutinous rice balls called 汤圆 (Tangyuan).

Well, to the traditional Chinese this is a festival celebrated during the Dongzhi solar term which happened around December 22nd or 23rd. It is when sunshine is weakest and daylight is shortest.



Sounds very philosophical ayeee?? LOL! Well, that's about what I know.
But, my reason isn't to learn bout history, but is to eat dessert soup like I always does yearly xD


I went to my godmom's house for 'tangyuan' and dinner, well I saved my dinner for tat day lolx!
Here's some of the pic snapped :D


Rice balls served in soya bean, unlike common ones tat served with ginger soup...hehe!!

And i calculated, had 3 rice balls with peanuts, 1 in black sesame, and 1 with red bean fillings =D

No comments: